Friday, August 5, 2016

University of Ghana



University of Ghana 8/5/2016

     I dream big, sometimes I bite off more than I can chew. Well, I did it again. I have talked with other students that have studied abroad. They apply for the program, they purchase a plane ticket and off they go. 
     Africa was an undertaking. This was a very challenging process. I also need to keep in mind that I had relocated to a new city to attend NAU and knew no one when I moved up here, I had to find a job, a place to live, make friends, attend college for the first time in over a decade. My plate was already full and there were times when Africa seemed like an additional stress that I could easily remove from the equation. 
     Vaccinations, visa application, putting the next 17 weeks of my life on autopilot, communication and course approval from NAU, UG and USAC. I certainly had my hands full. I fly out a week from today. I still have a few things remaining on my list of things to do, but I am so glad I've hung in there. I can't wait to accomplish two life goals, travel to Africa and graduate this December!

No comments:

Post a Comment